Friday, December 30, 2022

Man up and be a Joseph

Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord.
Ps.127:3,4

The first blessing that comes to a man who fears the Lord is family.

Today being the Feast of the Holy Family, focus is given to Mary, Jesus and Joseph. Mary and Jesus, Jesus and Mary. At this stage of the Holy Family it seems like they are one person. Joseph's role is to cherish, protect and provide for this most holy of people. In so doing he role models what it means to be a man.  

Lord, you have given me my wife, my children, my grandchildren. Help me be Joseph to them and cherish, protect and provide.
Saint Joseph, please pray for me.


No comments: