Wednesday, December 21, 2022

God is On the Move

Come then, my love, my lovely one, come. For see, winter is past, the rains are over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth. The season of glad songs has come.
Song of Songs:2:10-12

The Advent focus is shifted from us longing for God to God longing for us. Our lover is calling us home.

There's a wonderful scene in C S Lewis' book, The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, where Father Christmas arrives amid the melting snow of the hundred year winter. He Joyfully cries out these Advent words,  "Winter is past, the rains are over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth. The season of glad songs has come." The witch has been defeated and Aslan is on the move!

Evil has been defeated and God is on the move! Advent has almost finished and the glory of Christmas, just over the horizon, is filling the sky. God is longing for me, calling me further up, further in, further closer to him. 

My Lord my love, here I come bounding over the mountains! I'm coming home!
Mary Mother of God, please pray for me.

No comments: