Tuesday, December 27, 2022

See and Believe

Then the other disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in; he saw and he believed.
Jn.20:8

John the Apostle reaches the tomb of Jesus but defers to Peter, letting him enter first. John then enters and seeing the empty tomb has his epiphany. He believes. 

Christmas is so great a day that the Church allocates eight days to celebrate. Yet, while transported in joy by the babe in the manger, the shadow of the cross falls over the scene. But this is a new and greater source of joy. The complete plan of God visiting his people is only realised at the empty tomb. Like Saint John, I see and believe. 

Jesus, I look at you as a babe lying in the manger, the shadow of the cross falling over you. Thank you lord for your great love for me. I adore you.
Saint John, please pray for me.

 

No comments: