Thursday, December 15, 2022

Come Home

For the mountains may depart, the hills be shaken, but my love for you will never leave you and my covenant of peace with you will never be shaken, says the Lord who takes pity on you.
Is.54:10

Isaiah prophesies God's call to his wayward people to bring them home, a home of love, peace and compassion. 

My workplace has scrubbed the word "Christmas" from all communications. It's all about the "holiday season". Yet, the great call of Advent remains. Come home, come home to love and peace. The human heart yearns for this place of joy and peace that only God can give. 

He offers the way back by giving us a mewling, puking little baby to look upon in awe and wonder. God made man. Follow that baby and I will find my way home.

Lord Jesus, my heart is restless until it finds its rest in you. 
Mary, mother of God, please pray for me.

No comments: