Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Slow Down

Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
Mt.11:28-30

Jesus calls all, not just some but all who are overburdened to find the deepest kind of rest. Rest for your soul.

While increasing in joy, Advent has us decreasing in speed. Just at the time the world is starting to climb into pre-Christmas frenzy, I am called to stop and rest. 

Advent moves at the speed of a donkey, a donkey slowly but inexorably moving towards Bethlehem where something wonderful is about to take place.

Jesus, help me slow down to rest and enjoy this Advent journey.
Saint Joseph, please pray for me.



No comments: