Tuesday, February 22, 2022

What a Friend I've Found

‘But you,’ he said ‘who do you say I am?’ Then Simon Peter spoke up, ‘You are the Christ,’ he said ‘the Son of the living God.’
Mt.16:15,16

Jesus asks his disciples who do the people say the Son of Man is. His real reason for asking is to find out who the disciples themselves say he is.  Peter's answer qualifies him to become the very first pope. 

'But you, who do you say I am?' This is the fundamental question facing every living soul. Our answer, and only we can answer for ourselves, determines the outcome of our lives. Is Jesus simply a wise man who did good or is he who Peter said he was, the Son of the living God?

My faith journey has brought me from believing Jesus was a character from a fairy story to a wise man doing good to finally my saviour, God and friend. This establishes my relationship with him and determines how I live out each day. Today I walk with my saviour, my God and my friend.

Thank you Jesus for calling me into wonderful relationship with you. I invite you walk beside me today as friend. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

 

 

No comments: