Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Still Lovable Still Loved

When I think: ‘I have lost my foothold’; your mercy, Lord, holds me up. When cares increase in my heart your consolation calms my soul.
Ps.93:18,19

The psalmist writes that the Lord knows the thoughts of man, how futile and corrupt they are. Yet his mercy and consolation are offered to all who would ask for them, his love is constant.

I watch my grandchildren cry when they have been confronted with wrongdoing. But when Grandma embraces and cuddles them, peace and calm returns. They are affirmed that they are still lovable and still loved.

As soon as I acknowledge I've lost my foothold, God supports and calms me. In many ways I'm like a child. I need support and comfort especially when I know I've done wrong. Satan wants me to feel unredeemable. Jesus wants me to feel loved. 

Having received this unconditional mercy, peace and love am I not beholden to extend it to others?

Thank you Jesus that you see my imperfections yet love me anyway. Help me love others today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: