Friday, February 11, 2022

False Gods

Let there be no foreign god among you, no worship of an alien god. I am the Lord your God, who brought you from the land of Egypt.
Ps.80:9,10

Psalm 80 addresses the age old problem of man and alien gods. Since Adam's fall in the garden, mankind has has created false gods and placed them where only the true God should be.

We don't have a problem about "Is there a God?" The problem comes with the question "Who is my God?" Wealth, beauty and brains are the gods of the world. Sacrifices are made to attain them. They seduce and hypnotis. 

What are my seducing false gods? Probably all three of the above if I'm honest. They are relentless, insatiable and exhausting. The antidote is Jesus, my real God. He is my personal God inviting me into a personal faith for personal relief.  He alone gives me peace and rest and joy... today.

Jesus, forgive me for the times I have worshiped the gods of this world. I place you in the highest place and put all my trust in you. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: