Thursday, February 17, 2022

Say Less Listen More

Peter started to remonstrate with him. But, turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said to him, ‘Get behind me, Satan! Because the way you think is not God’s way but man’s.’
Mk. 8:32,33

Peter had previously just earned Jesus' greatest approval and praise after correctly naming him as the Christ, the Holy One of God. He now earns Jesus' greatest rebuke in being named Satan.

Peter is such a blustery buffoon, which is why I identify strongly with him. He shoots from the lip before thinking, sometimes getting it right but mostly getting it wrong. 

I need to control my tongue which gets me into much strife. Even a fool appears wise if he remains silent (Pr.17:28)

Jesus, you know my propensity to shoot from the lip. Prompt me to say less and listen more. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: