Saturday, February 26, 2022

Climb on His Lap

I tell you solemnly, anyone who does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’ Then he put his arms round them, laid his hands on them and gave them his blessing.
Mk.10:15,16

Jesus has just rebuked the disciples for turning away little children. Rather than being insignificant and far from God, children are more naturally found in greatest intimacy with him, trustfully climbing onto his lap, lovingly leaning into his breast. 

Being childlike, not childish, is held up by Jesus as a great virtue, something to to strive for. Infact, childlikeness is essential if I am to enter the kingdom of God. I have fourteen great role models to observe in my grandchildren today. For a start, they know joy and laugh a lot. 

Thank you Lord for my grandchildren. Make me teachable so I may become like a little child with you. 

No comments: