Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Angels

Feast of Archangels Saints Michael, Gabriel and Raphael

I tell you most solemnly, you will see heaven laid open and, above the Son of Man, the angels of God ascending and descending.
Jn.1:51
Jesus is starting his ministry and has met Nathanael who he is about to call. Nathanael is impressed that Jesus knew of him before they met. Jesus reveals Nathanael will see much more, indeed he will see heaven and all its angels.

Today is the feast of the Archangels, including my name-sake Saint Michael. Angels have always been part of God's revealed kingdom even from ancient times. Jesus says that every child has a guardian angel. I believe this heavenly body guard continues to watch over me.

I remember a priest encouraging us to ask for the name of our guardian angel. Mine is named Joseph. I still ask for the guardian angels of my children and grandchildren to be vigilant. There is great solace in knowing that I have heavenly allies I can call on, today.

Thank you Jesus for giving us angels as friends and guardians to help us. 
Angel Joseph and Archangel Saint Michael, please watch over and guard me today.


No comments: