Monday, September 14, 2020

Lift Him Up

The Exaltation of the Holy Cross

The Son of Man must be lifted up as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
Jn.3:14,15

Nicodemus' sincerity in seeking the truth prompts Jesus to to reveal the truth, that is, reveal himself and his purpose that all who believe in him will have eternal life.

Tonight on our Alpha Course we are on night three where the question is asked, "Why did Jesus Die?". The answer is, because he loved us. When I remember what Jesus has done for me out of love, when I look at a crucifix, the assurance of eternal life gives me joy no matter what is happening in my life.

Jesus nails this truth home in the following famous verse;

"Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but may have eternal life."

This is the message for tonight's Alpha Course and indeed for the whole unbelieving world.

Jesus, you are my way home. Thank you for dieing so that I may live.
Saint John of the Cross, please pray for me.

No comments: