Thursday, October 1, 2020

Little is Great

Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus

I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mt.18:3

Jesus is answering the disciple's question, "Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?" Calling a child he says people like this are great in the kingdom.

This statement of Jesus sets the pattern for the Church's structure... the upside down pyramid. The disciples view of greatness was that of the World. The powerful were on top. Jesus said they had to change not only their thinking but their behavior. They had to become like little children.

I have to change. I have twelve grandchildren role modelling to me what I am to become. Not childish but childlike. 

Thank you Jesus that you call me to a childlike joyfulness and simplicity. I embrace this greatness today.
Saint Therese, you mastered the lifestyle of smallness and simplicity. Please pray for me.


No comments: