Friday, September 18, 2020

Jesus is Alive!

If our hope in Christ has been for this life only, we are the most unfortunate of all people. But Christ has in fact been raised from the dead, the first-fruits of all who have fallen asleep.
1Cor.15:19,20

Paul corrects those in the church of Corinth who say that Christ has not risen from the dead. He emphasises that the resurrection of Jesus is an incontestable fact and indeed the cornerstone of Christian faith. 

A woman on our Alpha Course admitted to finding the resurrection of Jesus unbelievable. This is the stumbling block to her faith. Without this missing piece her faith journey is stuck. She has to meet with Jesus somehow, either through other believers or though looking at the evidence or through direct personal encounter.

For me it was a combination of all three; through believers, through the evidence and through personal encounter. What a gift! I enter into today knowing the Living Jesus is with me and for me in all that I do. Thank you Jesus!

Jesus, you died, you rose, you will come again. Thank you Lord . You are the source of my hope and joy.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: