Saturday, September 26, 2020

Perspective

Make us know the shortness of our life that we may gain wisdom of heart.
Ps.89:12
The psalmist is looking at the temporary nature of even a long life and what a folly it is to count life on earth as the ultimate source of happiness.

Perspective gives wisdom. This verse is a prayer asking for perspective on life. It is easy to be seduced by the here-and-now of life and loose sight of what I am really here for... to love God. When I see today's joys and trials in light of God's love for me, I ask how can I love God in return in the midst of my life now? The answer varies depending on the circumstance but it gives perspective.

Today is looking busy with work to help prepare a shop for opening, Alpha Away Day plans to settle and a wedding to attend. All important but in need to God's perspective on how I enter them.

Jesus, thank you for giving me the long view as I enter today. Help me enter fully into life today as a gift.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


 

No comments: