Sunday, September 20, 2020

Generosity

Why be envious because I am generous?
Mt.20:16
Jesus is telling the parable of the workers in the vineyard to reveal what the Kingdom of Heaven is like. The last workers are paid as much as the first, the generosity of the owner being an example of the generosity of God.

I have seen this principle at work. My mother, an atheist for ninety-two years, made a literal deathbed confession of faith. The peace she gained and the assurance I was given were a testimony to God being a God of the eleventh hour. I praise him for his generosity.

The expectation here is that I in turn be generous. As Jesus said yesterday in the parable of the sower, fertile soil is found in people with a noble and generous heart.

Jesus, I thank you Lord for your generosity given to me. Help me be generous with the people I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: