Friday, September 4, 2020

Accept

 

There must be no passing of premature judgement. Leave that until the Lord comes.

1Cor.4:5

Paul writes to the Church of Corinth, describing true apostleship. One characteristic is lack of judgement. Discernment yes, judgement no.

Our Alpha Course has a wide range of guests, old and young, rich and poor, local and foreign, male and female. Yet, we treat them all the same. They are simply seeking souls. The genius of Alpha is it makes no judgement, it accepts people where they are at. You think Jesus was a martian? Fine, what does the rest of the group think?

When people feel not judged but accepted, they are in a better place for that inside out conversion. This is the only conversion that stays. This is true Church. I must be vigilant against my tendency to judge. Any judgement is premature. God hasn't finished with us yet.

Jesus, you didn't judge me. You accepted me. Help me accept all that I meet today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: