Thursday, September 17, 2020

Great Forgiveness - Great Love

I tell you that her sins, her many sins, must have been forgiven her, or she would not have shown such great love. It is the man who is forgiven little who shows little love.
Lk.7:47
While at a Pharisees house a woman of bad name lavished Jesus with love. The Pharisee is critical of her but Jesus defends her, holding her up as an example of one whose great love shows evidence of one who has received great forgiveness.

As one who has received great forgiveness, I love this story. It shows that a person's position in the world is irrelevant when compared to their disposition. The woman had gratitude and love, the Pharisee had criticism and judgement. Both received their own type of reward. 

Today I choose to have the attitude of gratitude and love.

I thank you Jesus that you have forgiven my many sins. This is the day that you have made and I rejoice and are glad in it.

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: