Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Work then Rest

He rested on the seventh day after all the work he had been doing. God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on that day he had rested after all his work of creating.  Gen.2:2,3

God has finished his mighty six days work of creating the universe and all that lives in it. He rests on the seventh day and in so doing makes that day holy.

Holy - consecrated to God. Sunday is holy, set apart as dedicated to God. There's an obligation to first work but subsequent rest is a holy occupation. Sunday realines me with God as the center of my life. All else I do revolves around him. When I make my doing the center and squeeze God around the outside I lose the plot.

Work, then rest. Work, then rest. This is a wonderful rhythm, a God-given rhythm, like a heartbeat. And like a heartbeat it keeps my lifeblood flowing.

Jesus, you made sure your disciples rested after their labours. Help me keep the Sabbath Day holy, help me rest a while with you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: