Friday, February 15, 2019

Focus on the Yes

The serpent was the most subtle of all the wild beasts that the Lord God had made. It asked the woman, ‘Did God really say you were not to eat from any of the trees in the garden?’  Gen.3:1
Satan, in the form of a serpent, tempts Eve in the Garden. He introduces doubt of God's love into her mind by questioning what God had said, "Do not eat..".

Oh there's so much about man's malady in chapter 3 of Genesis. The Fall is clearly and simply told and it reveals what continues to happen to this day. We question God, then we fall.

Behind every No from God, and his Church, is a resounding YES! The no is always for my good, never to withhold blessing as the devil would have me believe. No, don't eat that fruit, it will kill you. But yes, enjoy all the other fruit. These will give you life in abundance. Satan focuses on the no. Jesus focuses on the yes.

My "fall" follows a pattern. I see the forbidden fruit. I desire the forbidden fruit. I doubt the love behind God's no. I say, "I know what you want God, but I want what I want". Then I fall.

When next tempted I will focus on the Yes of Jesus.

Thank you Jesus that you have brought me life and that in abundance. I choose you and your "Yes" over my life, trusting in your amazing love for me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: