Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Stop Pointing the Finger

Jesus said, ‘You must not stop him: no one who works a miracle in my name is likely to speak evil of me. Anyone who is not against us is for us.’. MK. 9:39, 40
The disciples have just complained about someone not of the "in crowd" performing. miracles in Jesus' name. Jesus rebukes the disciples, not the man, allowing work to be done for God's kingdom by anyone invoking the name of Jesus.

Jesus is maginimous, generous in his appreciation of work done for God. There is much good done on earth by people outside the Church, outside of Christendom even. Bits of truth can be found everywhere and only Jesus can receive it. Satan detests it.

There's a little judge inside of me that is quick to point the finger at those "outside the camp''. I need to rejoice in the good being done and acknowledge Jesus at work in it.

Lord, help me be less critical and more generous. I 'm sure my day will then be a more joyous experience.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: