Friday, February 22, 2019

Green Pastures and Still Waters

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. Fresh and green are the pastures where he gives me repose. Near restful waters he leads me, to revive my drooping spirit.  Ps.22:1,2

David writes this beautiful psalm to describe his relationship with God as his shepherd. He starts by showing where God leads him, to green pastures and still waters.

There's a stream beside Mount Pirongia I recall taking the family for a picnic. The image I have is of blue sky, green pastures and still, clean waters. It was a wonderful family outing that revived my drooping spirit. I think of it every time I read this psalm.

God provides those places for me to refresh and recreate me. I think that's why I love climbing hills for the view. I see the fingerprints of God in those places and I'm reminded God is there shepherding me in his love. I come away knowing all is well with my soul.

Lord Jesus, you are the Good Shepherd to me. Thank you Lord for the places you lead to revive and refresh me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: