Sunday, February 24, 2019

Shower of Blessings


My soul, give thanks to the Lord all my being, bless his holy name. My soul, give thanks to the Lord and never forget all his blessings.   Ps.102:1,2

David writes this beautiful psalm painting a portrait of who God is. He starts by presenting God as the giver of blessings.

Today is our fortieth wedding anniversary. I can honestly say it is the best wedding I’ve ever been to. Kate looked like a Greek goddess and I felt so nervous I could vomit. That was a good sign, showing I was taking the momentous day seriously. Everyone attending was cheering us on, believing in us.

Looking back, it was a day of great blessing from God. Kate and I were so naive but God used our mumbled promises and flaky ideas of married life, our clay, and formed it into something of gold. Eight children (three in heaven) and ten grandchildren later I shake my head in wonder at what God has done.

Today I remember his blessings.

Thank you Lord for the blessings you have showered down on my life. I bless your holy name.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: