Thursday, June 2, 2011

Great Joy

‘I tell you most solemnly, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice;
you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy.’
Jn.16:20

Jesus is about to enter His passion and death.  He is warning the disciples of what is about to happen, events that will cause great sorrow (His passion and death) but then great joy (His resurrection).

In one sense, I have been spared the sorrow because I know the great joy.  I belong to a resurrection people, the Holy Catholic Church.  We know that Jesus is not dead, but that He conquered death and lives, that this is a promise also for me! Yes, troubles and sorrow will come in my life, but the fact remains that the joy of Christ's ressurection, my resurrection, remains ...always!  What a great promise to take into my day, whatever it may bring!

Thank you Jesus that You died so that I may have life and life in incredible fullness and joy.  May the joy of the Lord be my strength today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: