Thursday, July 29, 2021

Great Faith Great Miracles

‘I am the resurrection and the life. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’ ‘Yes, Lord,’ she said ‘I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, the one who was to come into this world.’
Jn.11:25-27

Jesus arrives at the home of Martha, Mary and Lazarus to be told that Lazarus had died four days earlier. Jesus asks Martha if he has an answer to this apparent tragedy. In the midst of her grief, Martha is still able to make a great proclamation of faith. 

Martha's great faith opened the door to a great miracle. We know the story. Lazarus is raised from the dead, still wrapped in funeral cloth should  anyone doubt. 

No situation is hopeless when Jesus is invited into it. Great faith leads to great miracles. This gift of faith I have been given is something I'm still unwrapping. I take hold and carry it into my day.

Thank you Jesus for my faith in you. I place my prayer list in front of you again this morning, believing you are the answer for every situation.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: