Saturday, July 3, 2021

Believe and be Happy

Doubt no longer but believe.’ Thomas replied, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Jesus said to him: ‘You believe because you can see me. Happy are those who have not seen and yet believe.
Jn.20:28,29

The risen Jesus has doubting Thomas place his fingers in his wounds and hand in his side, leading Thomas to give an acclamation of faith. Jesus proclaims a happiness that is in store for all who believe without seeing. 

The devil wants us to doubt our beliefs and believe our doubts. Jesus invites us to doubt our doubts and believe our beliefs. Thomas made this transformation and gained a belief that eventually sent him to the furthest reaches of the known world, to martyrdom and to sainthood. 

Today I embrace my belief in Jesus. I am a Christian and claim the happiness that is promised me.

Lord Jesus, you are my rock, my fortress, my peace and my joy. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

 

No comments: