Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Bring the Sheep Home

And when he saw the crowds he felt sorry for them because they were harassed and dejected, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is rich but the labourers are few, so ask the Lord of the harvest to send labourers to his harvest.’
Mt.9:36,37

Jesus is moving through the towns and villages, teaching and healing. The crowds that he saw were worn out and sad, causing compassion to well up in him. He saw these tired, dejected people as a rich harvest waiting to be brought home to the rest and peace of God.

This is the game-plan that motivates me. I am moved with compassion for the multitude of harassed and dejected people waiting to brought home to the rest, peace and love of God. This is why the Alpha Course excites me and why I don't have passion for programs and movements that just stroke the wool of the one sheep in the penfold. It's the ninety-nine harassed and dejected out in the wilderness that I want to go out after. 

Lord Jesus, there are so many harassed and dejected. Send labourers to help me bring in your harvest.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for us.

No comments: