Thursday, April 2, 2020

Never Die

Jesus said to the Jews: ‘I tell you most solemnly, whoever keeps my word will never see death.’Jn.6:51

Jesus is speaking to the Jews who are arguing with him. He tells them the greatest reason for believing in him, victory over death, and they continue to argue.

This foreshadows what happened after Jesus' resurrection, still the Jewish Elders would not believe. Unbelief in Jesus continues to this day. Maybe in these days of pandemic Jesus' message will get another look.

If our faith has anything to say about anything, it has something to say about death. Death is not the worst thing that can happen to a Christian. It's been defeated, lost its sting. Yes, one day my mortal body will die but that will only be the doorway into eternal life with God. This lets me stand up and lift my head.

Thank you Jesus that you have promised eternal life to those who keep your word. Help me be a "Word Keeper" today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: