Sunday, April 26, 2020

Faith Hope Joy

Through him you now have faith in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory for that very reason – so that you would have faith and hope in God.1Pt.1:21

The Holy Spirit has just filled Peter and the others in the upper room. A crowd gathers because of the noise and Peter addresses them with boldness about the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Peter essentially outlines the paschal mystery, Christ has died, Christ risen, Christ will come again. This is at the very core of my Catholic faith. As Peter declares, this is the reason for my hope in God. The natural result of of such hope is joy. Today I continue live as an Easter person, one of faith, hope and joy.

Jesus, fill me with Easter joy this day that I may be a witness to you and your resurrection.
Little Flower, please pray for me.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: