Saturday, April 4, 2020

Mourning to Dancing

Then the young girls will rejoice and dance, the men, young and old, will be glad. I will turn their mourning into joy, I will console them, give gladness for grief.Jer.31:13

Jeremiah focuses much of his prophesy on the impending destruction of Jerusalem and Judah. However, here he looks even further into the future and prophesies the mercy and love of God drawing the scattered people back as one nation. Mourning is turned into dancing, grief into gladness.

God acts like a lovesick father. No matter how wayward I act he just can't help loving me and calling me back home. This "outrageous grace" offends many. They would rather see justice applied. I for one am glad of God's mercy as it is my only hope. I guess this makes me beholden to extend mercy to others.

And what happens when mercy is given and received? Mourning is turned into dancing, grief into gladness.

Jesus, you extended mercy even on the cross, asking your Father to forgive your killers. Help me not judge others but be merciful to them as much as I need mercy from you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: