Saturday, February 29, 2020

Welcome to the Hospital

‘It is not those who are well who need the doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the virtuous, but sinners to repentance.’Lk.5:32

Jesus has just called Matthew and in joyous response Matthew hosts a celebration. Matthew's friends at his celebration include all types that the Scribes and Pharisees regard as reprobates. Jesus regards them as sick who can be made well.

All people, myself included, qualify as Matthew's guests. We are the sick who can be made well. Matthew's party welcomed all, no one was judged unfit to enter, Scribes and Pharisees included.

I want to be a Matthew today, not judging but welcoming. "Welcome to the hospital! The doctor will attend to you soon."

Thank you Jesus that you came for me a sick sinner. Lord, with your help I can be healed and try not to sin again.
Saint Augustine, please pray for me.





No comments: