Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Submit and Resist

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.Jms.4:7

James is writing to the early Church entreating them to submit to God as an antidote to the seduction of the world.

Oh the world looks so good. It promises so much. It seduces us all and we become its slaves. But it never satisfies. The pleasure is temporary and the desire grows stronger.

Yep. That's me.

The antidote? Come near to God and he will come near to me. Wash my hands, purify my heart.

Lent approaches. How timely. Oh beautiful season of purple, to you I submit. You are my hope and my joy.

Jesus, I draw nearer to you that you may draw nearer to me. 
Saint Philip Neri, you said a joyful heart is more easily made perfect than a downcast one. Pray for my heart to be joyful this Lent.


No comments: