Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Touch of Faith

Then the woman came forward, frightened and trembling because she knew what had happened to her, and she fell at his feet and told him the whole truth. ‘My daughter,’ he said ‘your faith has restored you to health; go in peace and be free from your complaint.’
Mk.5:32-34

Jesus is walking with a large crowd when his cloak is touched by a sick woman desperate for healing. Within the jostling crowd Jesus senses the power that left him because of the touch of faith.

There are so many different ways Jesus is recorded as healing. He was on his way to Jairus' daughter whom he healed by taking her hand. Here healing seems to spontaneously flow from him to a woman who simply touched his cloak within a crowd. However, in all cases there is a common denominator. Faith.

Each breath I draw, the very beat of my heart at this moment is sustained by faith in the one who gave me life. My faith in Jesus is such a precious gift. I treasure it and take it with me into my day.

Jesus, I place my trust in you this day. Thank you for my gift of faith.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: