Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Matter of the Heart

'It is from within, from men’s hearts, that evil intentions emerge: fornication, theft, murder, adultery, avarice, malice, deceit, indecency, envy, slander, pride, folly. All these evil things come from within and make a man unclean.’  
Mk.7:21-23 
 Jesus is teaching the disciples about what it is that makes a man unclean. It's not a physical thing like food. It's a matter of the heart.

When talking about the heart, Jesus isn't talking about the muscle in my chest that pumps blood around my body. He's focusing on that core of my personality, my soul. It's a spiritual thing that has a physical outworking, either for good or for evil. No middle ground.

This heart can be cleansed, can be healed, only by Jesus. What's the state of my heart today?

Lord restore my heart so I may be an authentic witness to your love for the people I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: