Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Supreme Law

Well, the right thing to do is to keep the supreme law of scripture: you must love your neighbour as yourself; but as soon as you make distinctions between classes of people, you are committing sin, and under condemnation for breaking the Law.Jms.2:8,9

James is writing to the Church, encouraging them to avoid favoritism. The right thing is to love all as myself, to make distinction and judge is sin.

I don't think a day goes by where I don't commit this sin. I'm automatically catagorising people in my mind and they're probably catagorising me. This is a great sin and is the opposite of love.

Wouldn't it be great that in my day I automatically loved people. This is a hard thing and I can't do it on my own. I need help to be a lover. Jesus, perfect love, can do this through me, today...

Lord Jesus, renew my mind today. I surrender that little judge within me. Replace him with a raging lover that I may love my neighbours as myself.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: