Thursday, July 18, 2019

Rest for my Soul

Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
Mt.11:28-30

Jesus is teaching and preaching in the towns of Galilee. People are starting to notice Jesus and he encourages them to come to him and receive rest for their souls.

Oh what a sweet and ageless message. Jesus promises rest for my soul, an easy yoke, a light burden.  In an era where technology is meant to relieve us of burdens, tiredness is a common complaint. This shows that the burdens we carry are spiritual in nature, not physical.

When my spirit is exhausted little things can crush me. When my spirit is rested and refreshed I have extra stamina both emotionally and physically. I roll with the punches. I can go the extra mile.

How do I receive this life giving rest? Simply put, I come to Jesus. I spend time with him, daily.

Thank you Jesus for the rest you give me. I shoulder your yoke and learn from you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: