Thursday, November 29, 2018

Lift Your Head

'And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.’
Lk.21:27,28

Jesus is prophesying the end of time. As unbelievers "die with fear" at the destruction of the world, those invited to the wedding feast will stand with eagerness, looking forward to their liberation.

The final judgement will be final. Some being left behind not a popular message.  Yes, God wants all to be saved but his word says some won't. This gives impetus to my need to make sure many will "be there" when it counts, starting with my own family.

Jesus my Lord, help me be a fervent witness to you today that more may come to know and love you.
Teresa of Avila, please pray for me.




No comments: