Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Grapes of Wrath

Put your sickle in and cut all the bunches off the vine of the earth; all its grapes are ripe.’ So the angel set his sickle to work on the earth and harvested the whole vintage of the earth and put it into a huge wine-press, the wine-press of God’s anger.
Apoc.14:19

John describes his vision of the judgement to occur at the end of time. The grapes are subjected to the wrath of God.

A wines-press is a method of separating the desired juice from the unwanted flesh and skins of the grapes. God's anger is to apply the pressure. Blood will flow.

The Church is reminding me very clearly of the old message given at parish missions. I have only one life to live, one death to die, one destination to reach. Is it to be heaven or hell?

How I live out today will have eternal consequences on the destination  I reach. I vote for heaven...

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: