Monday, November 26, 2018

Generous

"...but she from the little she had has put in all she had to live on." 
Lk.21:4

Jesus observes the wealthy and the poor contributing money to the temple treasury. He is impressed the most by the widow who gave the least.

There's a young mum at Mass whose husband is not Catholic. She brings her four young children by herself each Sunday. Being typical young children some Sundays they are models of behaviour, some Sundays they're not. But there she is every Sunday. In some ways the young mum is a widow and she's putting in all she has. She impresses me.

What I can "put in" depends on the circumstance. It changes daily. The thing that impresses Jesus is not the amount. It's the generosity of heart. Today there will be opportunities for me to be generous.

Lord Jesus, you know how tight-fisted I can be. Help me have a generous heart with those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: