Wednesday, November 7, 2018

He is worth it

‘If any man comes to me without hating his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, sisters, yes and his own life too, he cannot be my disciple. Anyone who does not carry his cross and come after me cannot be my disciple'.
Lk.14:26,27

Jesus is telling the crowds there is a cost to be his disciple. He must be in first place or no place.

This is one of those "hard" passages from Jesus. What?  I must hate my family? It takes a second and third reading to get what he is saying. There is a cost. But count up the cost. I am worth it. I'm worth it not only for yourself but for those I am calling you to hate.

Radio Rhema announcers sometimes say, "Put Christ first and the rest will be OK". My day will have its highs and lows but if I put Christ first then all will be OK.

Lord Jesus, I often acknowledge you with my lips then walk out and deny you by my lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable. Forgive me Lord. Help me place you first in my life today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: