Friday, November 30, 2018

Hear and Proclaim

But they will not ask his help unless they believe in him, and they will not believe in him unless they have heard of him, and they will not hear of him unless they get a preacher, and they will never have a preacher unless one is sent.
Rms.10:14,15

Saint Paul describes how faith is spread. A preacher is sent, they hear the Word preached. They believe. They ask for help to confess Jesus is Lord. Then they are saved.

Faith can come by two ways. Hearing the word preached by man, hearing the word preached by creation. Faith came both ways for me and continues to come both ways. I am encouraged by preaching.  I am inspired by creation, by the fingerprints of God. Either way it is a gift.

Today I can both hear God's word through creation and proclaim God's word through my mouth.

Lord Jesus, help me hear and proclaim your word today.
Saint Andrew, please pray for me.





No comments: