Thursday, November 22, 2018

Favourable Time

As Jesus drew near Jerusalem and came in sight of the city he shed tears over it... 'all because you did not recognise your opportunity when God offered it!’
Lk.19:14,44

Jesus is approaching Jerusalem to the acclaim of the ordinary people. He weeps over Jerusalem, prophesying its destruction all because its leaders failed to recognise God's opportunity.

Opportunity... a favourable time. It appears there are favourable times to grasp what God is offering. Times can be missed, like missing a bus. The leaders of Jerusalem missed God in Jesus through pride, jealousy, ambition, fear. What blinds me to God's favourable times? Probably much the same.

The antidotes are virtues of humility, peacefulness, modesty and courage. These are door openers to God. Let me practice them today.

Lord Jesus, I do not want to miss God through my worldly obsessions. I open my door to you today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: