Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Favourites of God

The Holy Guardian Angels

‘Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. See that you never despise any of these little ones, for I tell you that their angels in heaven are continually in the presence of my Father in heaven.’
Mt.18:5,10

The disciples have asked, "Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?" Jesus must have surprised them with his answer. The weakest of the weak. The lowest of the low. A little child is great in the Kingdom of heaven. Then he goes a step further, revealing that the weak have powerful advocates, angels who present their case before God Almighty himself.

I have grandchildren, nine and a half of them. I'm leading children's liturgy this weekend. I am surrounded by the favourites of God. I need to be mindful not to despise them, and I never do. I have been given a heart for them, which I see now is a gift.

And for myself, I had a guardian angel when I was a child. Does this angel leave me now I'm a man? I think not. What a blessed thought to take into my day.

Thank you Lord for my guardian angel. And thank you Lord for my heart for children. Help me welcome them as I would welcome you.
Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for me.




No comments: