Saturday, October 6, 2018

Joy is Strength

It was then that, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said: ‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children.
Lk:10:21

The seventy two have just returned from  their first mission trip which has been a resounding success. Jesus, filled with joy and the Spirit, gives all glory to God the Father.

I can just picture the wild jubilation of the returning disciples. Their work had succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. "Even the devils submitted to us when we used your name!" Jesus is filled with the Holy Spirit and responds with joy.

It seems wherever God's work is succeeding there is joy and the Spirit. I have just returned from a men's retreat where I played a small part. It was successful and by Sunday the hallmark of leaders and participants was joy, effusive joy.

Joy is from God. It's more the happiness. It's a deep, worldview changing, lifting of my spirit. Let that be my hallmark today as I look after five of my grandchildren, two still in nappies!  Yeehaw!

Lord Jesus, you are the source of my joy today. Fill me with your spirit as I minister today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: