Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Happy Families

O blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in his ways! By the labour of your hands you shall eat. You will be happy and prosper. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine in the heart of your house; your children like shoots of the olive, around your table.
Ps.128:1-3

The psalmist describes the state of being for the man who fears God. Prosperity exhibited by a happy family around a laden table.

This is the image I have of a "successful me". Sitting at the head of a well-stocked dining table, wife, children and grandchildren stretched around the table all looking to me as I bow my head in thanksgiving prayer to God. That is fulfillment, embodiment of a successful life.

I have had that very moment on numerous occasions. I am so blessed.

Father in Heaven, you have blessed my life with so much. I thank you Lord. 
Saint Thomas Moore, please pray for me.




No comments: