Thursday, October 11, 2018

Persist

‘So I say to you: Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him.
Lk.11:9,10

Jesus continues his teaching on prayer, having just given the Lord's Prayer. Here he emphasises persistence in prayer.

Ask, seek, knock. Prayer must be active and expectant. We ask for something, seek for something, knock on the door for something and we until we receive or find or have the door opened, we persist.

I have a prayer list that goes back a number of years. Some prayers have been answered, others not yet.  Time to persist.

Thank you Lord for your perfect timing in answering my prayers. Holy Spirit empower me to persist.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: