Friday, September 28, 2018

My Love, My Fortress

Blessed be the Lord, my rock. He is my love, my fortress; he is my stronghold, my saviour my shield, my place of refuge.
Ps 143:1,2

David the psalmist writes of his saving and protecting God, a God worthy of his love.

This psalm reminds me I am in the world, not of it. I need a fortress, a stronghold, a shield, a place of refuge. This sanctuary is with me whenever and wherever I pray. It is with me now.

This is a place to give and receive love, to be nurtured, to be healed, to be built up, strengthened. It's not a place to stay. It's a place available when the need arises. However, the need arises daily. How wonderful to start my day in this place of shelter and love.

Blessed be you Lord, my rock. You are my love, my fortress; you are my stronghold, my saviour my shield, my place of refuge.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: