Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Laugh a Lot

Happy that servant if his master’s arrival finds him at this employment. I tell you truly, he will place him over everything he owns.
Lk.12:43,44

Jesus is teaching his disciples to be watchful, ready for his return. The hour is unknown but the surety of his return is definite.

There is a happiness in employment, right employment. Doing the work of Jesus is a source of joy. I recently attended a men's retreat where two retired bishops were part of the leadership team. They were close to eighty and yet were still at work for the Lord. I noticed they laughed a lot.

Today I can work as though working for the Lord... and laugh a lot.

Lord Jesus, I place my work before you and ask that you be glorified in it.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: