Saturday, October 27, 2018

The Gifts

And to some, his gift was that they should be apostles; to some, prophets; to some, evangelists; to some, pastors and teachers; so that the saints together make a unity in the work of service, building up the body of Christ.
Eph.4:11,12

Saint Paul writes about the maturity and unity of the Body of  Christ. Different gifts to different people but all for the single purpose of building up the Church.

It's scripture like this that makes me ask, "so, what is my gift?" I led a workshop a few weeks ago and it seemed to impact those attending. Am I a teacher? I wrote an article the other day and was told I have "away with words". An I a writer? My grandchildren gravitate to me, begging for me to read to them. Am I a grandad? I'm roistered to lead children's Liturgy next weekend. Am I an evangiliser?

Probably I'm all of the above and more, yet to be discovered.

Lord Jesus, I just want to be an authentic witness for you. Help me recognise the gifts you have given me and then have the fire in my belly to use them.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: