Monday, July 31, 2023

From Small Beginings

The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed ... The kingdom of heaven is like yeast...
Mt.13:31, 33

Jesus explains how the kingdom of heaven starts small and insignificant but ends up being mighty and all encompassing. 

From small beginnings to huge results, that's been my experience of the kingdom of heaven. My conversion started with admiring my bride's Catholic faith but happy to leave it as "her faith". It ended by affecting every day, every hour, every minute of my life! Yeast is like that. I'm learning to respect the small beginnings that I see in others. God alone knows where they will end up. I had to drink milk before I could eat the meat of faith.

And it's not over for me yet. The yeast continues to ferment and expand, until it will carry me through the very gates of heaven itself.

Saint Ignatius of Loyola, please pray for us.

No comments: